Most auction websites charge two main types of selling fees: an insertion fee when you create a listing, and a final value fee when your item is sold.
Here at Up4Sale, unlike other New Zealand auctions websites we decided NOT to charge you these excessive fees, which seems to make your sale uneconomic.
Traditionally, New Zealand online auctions and classifieds leading websites charge you these fees:
- Auction-style listing format: the total amount of the sale is the auction start price
- The Buy It Now price option (if applicable), the reserve price option (if applicable), or other promotional features (like highlighted listing, a category feature or homepage feature (if applicable).
- Fixed price listing format: the total amount of the sale is the fixed price or the price identified between the buyer and seller, whichever is higher.
- Final value fees- when you sold your item a commission (usually a percentage) is charged, based on the sale price and applicable shipping costs.
Here at Up4Sale we will NOT charge you these fees!
Selling on Up4Sale is totally FREE!
Zero insertion fee listings
At all time, you get up to 10 zero insertion fee listings, or more if you have an Up4Sale Store. Stores on Up4Sale are FREE and open to companies and individuals.
However, certain categories are excluded from the zero insertion fee listings offer.
Unlike many other auctions websites, if you relist your item, we do not charge an insertion fee for the original listing and each time your item is relisted. Moreover, your monthly zero insertion fee listings can cover each of your relisted items until they're used up. Relisting applies in most categories, but there are some exclusions.
Zero final value fees
For the first time in New Zealand- Up4Sale will not charge any final value fee when your item or relisted item sells, or if we determine that you intended to complete a sale outside of Up4Sale .
While on other websites final value fees are calculated as a percentage of the total amount the buyer pays, including shipping and handling, here at Up4Sale we believe it's the time for ZERO fees- that's include final value fees.
I.E. Sell as many items as you want, and we won't charge you listings fees or final value fees, whatsoever!
In any other online auctions website, the basic cost of selling an item is the listing fee plus the sale transaction fee (commission), plus fees for any optional features (like highlighted items and feature on a category page or home page) and services you may use.
However, in Up4Sale we revolutionise the way Kiwis can buy and sell online. There are no hidden fees, sales commission charges or other nasty surprises. Here we go, our full fees list:
- User Sign-up Fee
- Additional Category Listing
- Buy Out
- Category Pages Featuring
- Classified Setup
- Make Offer
- Highlighted Item
- Home Page Featuring
- Listing Images
- Reserve Price
- Free, 50 listings
- Free, 100 listings, featured store
- Free, 1000 listings, featured store